WordPress Web Design
Welcome to DoodleIT Web Design, your trusted partner in WordPress web design and maintenance, based in North Wales. With over 2 decades of experience, we specialise in harnessing the power of WordPress to create exceptional websites that meet your unique needs. Call Anthony or Peter to get started today.
WordPress Web Design & Maintenance
Top 6 reasons to choose WordPress Web Design
- WordPress is user-friendly making it easier to update your website
WordPress boasts an intuitive interface suitable for both beginners and experienced users, eliminating the need for complex coding. Once your website has been set up we will talk you through the process of making updates so you can manage it yourself.
- DoodleIT will customise your WordPress website to suit your needs
With a vast library of themes and plugins, WordPress allows you to tailor your website to your exact specifications. DoodleIT will customise your website, making it work perfectly for your business.
- SEO Optimisation
WordPress is designed with clean code and SEO-friendly plugins, ensuring your website ranks well in search engine results.
- Mobile Responsiveness
WordPress themes are optimised for mobile devices, providing a seamless user experience on all screens.
Regular updates and professional high-grade security software make WordPress websites resilient against online threats.
As your business grows, your website can evolve alongside it, with the ability to add new features and functionalities.
WordPress is the number 1 choice for website designers worldwide with over 800 million using the platform.
Talk to us
Are you ready to enhance your online presence with WordPress web design? Reach out to Peter or Anthony at 01824 702375 or connect via WhatsApp. Choose WordPress web design for a reliable online platform, and let’s turn your digital vision into reality.
Explore the possibilities of WordPress web design with DoodleIT Web Design!
Some examples of WordPress Web Design by DoodleIT
WordPress is a popular and versatile content management system (CMS)
It powers a significant portion of websites on the internet today. Here’s an explanation of what WordPress is, along with a brief history of its origins:
What is WordPress?
WordPress is an open-source, user-friendly, and highly customisable content management system that allows individuals and organisations to create and manage websites and blogs with ease. It provides a flexible platform for publishing content, managing web pages, and customising the look and functionality of a website. Read further to learn more about WordPress and how DoodleIT developed its own CMS called JamJars back in 2003.
Key features of WordPress include
- User-Friendly Interface: WordPress offers an intuitive dashboard that makes it easy for users, even those without technical expertise, to create and manage content.
- Themes: Users can choose from a wide range of themes to customise the design and appearance of their websites.
- Plugins: WordPress has a vast library of plugins that extend its functionality, allowing users to add features such as e-commerce, SEO optimization, and social media integration.
- SEO-Friendly: WordPress is designed with SEO in mind, making it easier for websites to rank well in search engine results.
- Community and Support: It has a large and active community of developers, designers, and users who contribute to its ongoing development and provide support and resources.
A Brief History of WordPress:
WordPress has an interesting history that began in 2003. Here’s a timeline of its development:
- 2003: WordPress was created by Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little as an open-source blogging platform. It was a fork of an earlier project called b2/cafelog.
- 2004: The first official version of WordPress, WordPress 1.0, was released. This marked the beginning of WordPress as a standalone CMS.
- 2005: The WordPress theme system was introduced, allowing users to customise the design of their websites more easily.
- 2008: WordPress 2.7 introduced a redesigned admin interface, making it even more user-friendly.
- 2010: The release of WordPress 3.0 merged WordPress and WordPress MU (MultiUser), enabling users to create a network of websites on a single WordPress installation.
- 2011: The WordPress.org website underwent a major redesign, offering more resources and support for users and developers.
- 2013: The introduction of WordPress 3.7 brought automatic updates for minor releases, enhancing security and ease of use.
- 2018: WordPress 5.0 introduced the Gutenberg block editor, a significant change to the content editing experience.
- 2021: WordPress continues to evolve with ongoing updates and improvements, including enhancements to block editing and overall performance.
In 2003, DoodleIT developed its own content management system called JamJars, CMS systems were in their infancy and JamJars CMS was robust and secure. It served its purpose and powered numerous websites both brochure and eCommerce.
Today, DoodleIT uses WordPress extensively by popular demand. Its flexibility, extensive ecosystem of themes and plugins, and active community have made it a dominant force in the world.