How to transfer your name to DoodleIT
Transferring your domains to DoodleIT is simple – just follow the guidelines in this FAQ. This FAQ applies to the following types of domain names:
.com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, .co, .tv, .name, .me, .xxx, .mobi, .cc, .sx
- Before you start the transfer you must ensure that the domain name is prepared for transfer. These steps need to be completed with the current registrar:
- The domain name needs to be unlocked.
- The administrative contact for the domain name should be listed with email address that you have access to. This may require turning off any WHOIS privacy service you have on the domain name.
- The registrar will need to provide you with a transfer authorisation code.
- The domain name must not have been registered or transferred in the past 60 days. This applies to all domain registries, and is not optional.
- The administration contact will receive an email from email@example.com which contains a link to a web page where you need to enter the authorisation code.
- Once the transfer has been authorised the domain name will become active within 7 days.
You may also receive another email from the current registrar. If you do, you should forward this email to DoodleIT as it may contain instructions for you to authorise the transfer away from them.
Should you need help just drop us a line or give us a call.