Remember all you really need to set up email is your email address, also known as your account name, your email password and your mail server settings which are mail.domainname.co.uk or the one we provided you with. Either will work (both SMTP and incoming mail server are the same!). You’ll need to decide if you want POP or IMAC too! Explanation here
Almost 100% of the time it’s a simple typo that causes issues or a password that can’t be remembered. Be accurate and read all the instructions your device displays carefully.
How to set up your email account manually
If you need to set up your email account manually, make sure that you know the email settings for your account.
If you don’t know them ask DoodleIT and then follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts.
- Tap Add Account, tap Other, then tap Add Mail Account.
- Enter your name, email address, password, and a description of your account.
- Tap Next. Mail will try to find the email settings and finish your account setup. If Mail finds your email settings, tap Done to complete your account setup.
Enter account settings manually
Choose IMAP or POP for your new account.
If you aren’t sure which one to choose, contact DoodleIT.
- Enter the information for Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server.
- Then tap Next.
- If your email settings are correct, tap Save to finish.
- If the email settings are incorrect, you’ll be asked to edit them.
- If problems persist, please contact us and we’ll try to help.