To Setup Outlook email follow these steps:
** We offer support to DoodleIT clients only
Click here for information on on purchasing your own domain name with personalised email addresses.
If you have Microsoft Office installed, you may prefer to use Microsoft Outlook for sending and receiving email.
Use the following guide to help you setup most versions of this popular email client.
1 From the main menu, choose Tools and then E-mail Accounts.
(* If your version of Outlook has simply ‘Accounts’ listed (Office 2000), please follow the instructions about how to set up Outlook Express).
2 Select Add a new e-mail account and click Next.
3 Select POP3 as your server type and click Next.
4 Enter these settings into the appropriate fields in the screen shown below.
(1) Enter your name as you wish it to be viewed by the people to whom you send your email.
(2) Your “E-mail Address”
Your full email address.
(3) Incoming mail server (POP3) is mail.yourdomain.co.uk
(4) Outgoing mail server (SMTP) should be exactly the same as above.
(5) The “User Name” field should be filled with your e-mail address.
(6) The password field should be filled with your e-mail password.
When you have finished entering these email settings, click on the More Settings button.
5 In the ‘More Settings’ menu, go to the Outgoing Server tab and ensure that My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication IS selected.
Then click OK and you will be returned to the previous menu.
Click Next to continue.
6 Click Finish to complete setting up your mail settings.
You are now ready to send and collect your email!