How do I set up a mailbox using POP3 on my device or mail client?
Our standard mailboxes can be loaded onto your device or through your mail client either with a POP3 connection or an IMAP connection.
By using a POP3 connection, you will be using one of the most common ways to connect mailboxes to systems, and you will be able to have your email on your phone, your tablet, your alternate web mail system, or your computer.
The way your device or mail client is designed may be different than how other programs or devices work, with different names for the same steps.
Your device or programs should have detailed information on how to add and set up mailboxes onto the system, but there are general pieces of information you need to complete the process.
- When selecting the account type, select POP3.
- Your User Name is your full email address.
- Your Password is your mailbox password.
- Your Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server are both mail.[domain], where you replace [domain] with your domain name.
NOTE: This method will work however we recommend contacting us for your specific mail server name for best results
- User Name:
- Password: password33
- Incoming Mail Server: mail.thisismydomain.com
- Outgoing Mail Server: mail.thisismydomain.com
For the Outgoing Mail Server
- Make certain that you have checked that the server requires authentication.
- Make sure you are using port 587 for SMTP.
- You should be using STARTTLS where offered (not every mail client will offer this).
Please note that if you intend to log into this mailbox on different devices, IMAP should be used instead on each device. This allows for better synchronisation across different devices.
Learn about setting up IMAP here.