How do I set up a mailbox using POP3 on my device or mail client?
Our standard mailboxes can be loaded onto your device or through your mail client either with a POP3 connection or an IMAP connection.
By using a POP3 connection, you will be using one of the most common ways to connect mailboxes to systems, and you will be able to have your email on your phone, your tablet, your alternate web mail system, or your computer.
The way your device or mail client is designed may be different than how other programs or devices work, with different names for the same steps.
Your device or programs should have detailed information on how to add and set up mailboxes onto the system, but there are general pieces of information you need to complete the process.
- When selecting the account type, select POP3.
- Your User Name is your full email address.
- Your Password is your mailbox password.
- Your Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server are different. Please see example below for the correct settings for each server.
- User Name:
- Password: password33
- Incoming POP3 Server: pop3.extendcp.co.uk
- Outgoing Mail Server: mta.extendcp.co.uk
- Incoming POP3 Server Port: 995
- Incoming POP3 SSL: SSL/TLS
- Incoming POP3 Authentication Type: Password
- Outgoing Mail Server Port: 587
- Outgoing Mail Server SSL: STARTTLS
- Outgoing Authentication Type: Password
As always if you have any issues please contact us for assistance.
Please note that if you intend to log into this mailbox on different devices, IMAP should be used instead on each device. This allows for better synchronisation across different devices.
Learn about setting up IMAP here.