To keep your logins secure it is vital that you create a secure password.
Hackers have become very sophisticated and the algorithms they use to gain access are very advanced. Now more than at any time before the importance of using a proper secure password cannot be underestimated.
Don’t forget your emails too and if your website allows customer sign ups make sure you have steps in place which forces the use of a strong password to prevent hackers from getting one foot in the door.
How to make it more difficult for hackers
- Don’t use nouns or in fact any word you can find in a dictionary
- Don’t use dates of birth
- Keep your password at least 8 characters long
- Use a mixture of lowercase and uppercase letters
- Use a mixture of letters and numbers
- Add some special characters like !, ^, (, ), ?, *
Adhering to the above guidelines will make it much more difficult for a hacker to gain access.
If you’d like to discuss your website needs informally and see what can be done please contact DoodleIT today!