To keep your logins secure it is vital that you create a secure password.
Hackers have become very sophisticated and the algorithms they use to gain access are very advanced. Now more than at any time before the importance of using a properly secure password cannot be underestimated.
Don’t forget your emails too and if your website allows customer sign-ups make sure you have steps in place which forces the use of a strong password to prevent hackers from getting one foot in the door.
How to make it more difficult for hackers
- Don’t use nouns or in fact any word you can find in a dictionary
- Don’t use dates of birth
- Keep your password at least 8 characters long
- Use a mixture of lowercase and uppercase letters
- Use a mixture of letters and numbers
- Add some special characters like !, ^, (, ), ?, *
Adhering to the above guidelines will make it much more difficult for a hacker to gain access.
If you’d like to discuss your website needs informally and see what can be done please contact DoodleIT today!