Community Council Websites North Wales
DoodleIT have developed many Community Council Websites across North Wales.
Community Council websites need to adhere to certain legal requirements in order to comply with current guidelines.
Key Requirements for Community Council Websites
- Websites need to be hosted securely using HTTPS
- Data needs to be secure and backed up regularly
- Documents need to meet accessibility guidelines and be available in PDF format
- Contrast needs to be sufficient make it easier for visually impaired users to see content
- The structure needs to work with modern screen readers
- Fonts need to be clear and of a specific size
- Clear contact information and affiliations for councillors
- Meetings, minutes, agendas and financial information as well as public documents etc.
A Website For the Wider Community!
We usually recommend broadening the reach of community council websites to not only deal with council business but to also highlight the community in general.
Pages for places to visit and see as well as information about local businesses can make the website more useful for the community.
What Pages Should a Community Council Website Have?
We recommend that you have the following pages so you can provide all the required information. You can always have more pages if the need is there:
For The Community Council (required)
There’s lots of information that a community council needs to display on their website. This list is not comprehensive but a good beginning and covers the basics.
- Home page
- Community Councillors
- Meetings, Agendas and Minutes
- Notices and Planning
- Public Documents
- Accounts and Financial Information
For The Community and Areas (optional)
We find that adding information for the broader community encourages residents to use the website as a community hub also.
- Local Businesses
- Local Organisations
- Key places to see and visit
- News and Events
- A Little History
- Key Contacts
If you’d like to know more about creating a website for your community council please contact DoodleIT on 01824 702375 and speak to Peter or Anthony.
We have been providing community council websites across North Wales and providing ongoing support to businesses, organisations and individuals since 2003!